Apps that Delight & Develop

Monday, July 26, 2010

My First Entry


As I begin my first blog, I’m excited and nervous. Where do I begin?!? Today seems like a logical place. After an incredible phone conversation with a friend of a friend's, I came away feeling totally pumped to continue on this pursuit of making educational iPhone apps.

From there, I went downstairs and directly into the filming of a video shoot to promote our educational iPhone apps. The children being filmed? Our graphic designer’s (and dear friend!) daughters. The production team? Mine and my partner’s sons, both film students. Did I mention that I have a partner? You can find out more about us at our website: www.i-itch.com. Do a background check and learn what we’ve been up to and what you've been missing. Don't forget to come back here!

Film shoot went well considering the heat and the age group of our subjects – 2 and 6. Gotta tell ya, my partner and I were EXHAUSTED by the end of the evening. But I have to say, the whole effort was made worthwhile when later, during dinner, the younger of the two sisters pipes up saying what we thought was, “I want my water now” and pointing inside the house.
She kept repeatedly demanding what we thought was "WATER, I want my water NOW!" Finally after help in translating from her older sister we realized she was not asking for water, she was asking for "Letters, I want my letters!" OMG! She wanted to play our ABC app again - ABC Shakedown Plus!

ABC Shakedown and ABC Shakedown Plus are our babies. We've been nurturing the development of a rare species of iPhone apps, unequivocally educational ones! We'll be celebrating their conception and first birthday next month, and oh what a journey it has been.....

Stay tuned for: How we lost $7,000. in the infancy stage
Where and Why, two old hens found themselves in the app business
What Vertical Integration with Mobile Strategies really means

2 comments:

  1. Jayne,

    Congratulations on your 1st blog post it was excellent and informative. I wish you good fortune in your app journey.

    Mike
    CrazyMikesapps.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayne,
    Thanks for sharing the process of the development of your app. You're enthusiasm for the development of a product that will help kids learn to read is demonstrated in your enthusiasm to get it OUT THERE!.
    This is a great app and everyone who is a parent of young children and an iphone needs to pick it up. Best to you as an educator to all students. Young and old. And by the way...you are a young star!!

    ReplyDelete